Copyright in India
It is a bundle of rights given by the law to the creators of literary, dramatic, musical, artistic words and the procedures of cinematographic films , sound recordings. All original published and unpublished literary, dramatic, musical and sound recording and cinematographic films are registrable under the Copyright Act.
Rights are given under copyright protection in India.
- Reproduce the work.
- Perform the work in public.
- Make any adaptation of the work.
- Issues copies of the to the public.
- Make any translation to the work.
Copyright does not require to be protect the ideas or concepts. To get protection of copyright, a work must be original. A person who is author or rightful owner, legal heirs can file application for the copyright office of work. Security code has to be applied along with the application for registration of software products.
- Term of copyright protection in India.
- Duration for work of copyright varies from time to time.
- For literary, dramatic, musical other than photographs have a life span, through out the lifetime of author and additional sixty years from the year in which the author dies.
- Cinematographic films, photographs, computer programs are protected for sixty years from the year in which the work is made available to public with the consent of owner of copyright.